Synology® announces the Surveillance Station 7.1
A more immersive and thoughtful surveillance experience
Synology® Inc. announced the official release of Surveillance Station 7.1, delivering a more thoughtful and efficient design, featuring Real-Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP), multicast support, and refined alerts and notifications, providing the best management experience.
“In this version, we focus on optimising the mechanics and performance of Surveillance Station as well as developing the compatibility of ONVIF protocol, in order to provide the best and easy-to-use surveillance solution to our customers.” said Chad Chiang, Product Manager at Synology Inc. “We express our thanks to the users who spent time testing the beta version and working with Synology to ensure a better and more secure surveillance solution.”
Surveillance Station 7.1 includes the following new features:
• RTSP for smoother surveillance experience: RTSP increases video streaming performance, providing an even more fluid experience when watching feeds in Surveillance Station or DS cam(for iOS devices). Plus, developers can take advantage of support for RTSP to integrate video streams into third-party systems.
• Multicast boosts bandwidth efficiency in multiple user scenarios: Multicast support reduces the workload and bandwidth consumption when running Surveillance Station in environments where multiple clients are viewing video feeds. This means several security personnel can monitor a live view from different workstations at the same time without impacting network performance.
• Advanced live view alerts and notifications provide refined management: For large-scale surveillance deployments with hundreds of cameras, monitoring cameras one-by-one can be inefficient. Thanks to under the hood modifications, Surveillance Station can leverage cameras’ computing resources to offer large scale surveillance system monitoring. Live View Analytics alerts are displayed for cameras that are not included in the Live View layout. Events can also be directly highlighted on an E-map, allowing users to quickly see the camera and location of suspicious events.
• Robust CMS performance and stability: By refining the database structure and adding a dedicated multipart link between host and recording servers, Surveillance Station 7.1 increases the speed at which recordings and event information are transferred from recording servers. In addition, revamped license management improves the stability in CMS deployments.
• Greater support for ONVIF brings more flexibility: In addition to providing native integration for edge recording on select camera models, Surveillance Station now supports edge recording on many more camera models thanks to ONVIF Profile G. Compared to, ONVIF 2.4, this new standard brings more options to cameras that have rotation and focus features. Furthermore, support for “ONVIF Search” makes it easier to find and add ONVIF compliant cameras to Surveillance Station. These new possibilities give users more flexibility and enable easier installation.
Surveillance Station 7.1is available for free in Synology’s Package Centre and comes with two camera licenses at no extra cost. Supported models are as follows:
• 16-series: RS18016xs+, RS2416 (RP) +, DS416, DS216play, DS216se
• 15-series:RC18015xs+, RS815(RP)+, RS815, DS3615xs, DS2415+, DS2015xs, DS1815+, DS1515+, DS1515, DS715, DS415+, DS415play, DS215+, DS215j, DS115, DS115j
• 14-series:RS3614xs+, RS3614(RP)xs, RS2414(RP)+, RS814(RP)+, RS814, DS414, DS414slim, DS414j, DS214+, RS214, DS214, DS214play, DS214se, DS114
• 13-series:RS10613xs+, RS3413xs+, DS2413+, DS1813+, DS1513+, DS713+,DS413, DS413j, DS213+, DS213, DS213j, DS213air
• 12-series:DS3612xs, RS3412(RP)xs, RS2212(RP)+, DS1812+, DS1512+, RS812+, RS812, DS712+, DS412+, RS212, DS212+, DS212, DS212j, DS112+, DS112, DS112j
• 11-series:DS3611xs, RS3411(RP)xs, DS2411+, RS2211(RP)+, DS1511+, RS411, DS411+II, DS411+, DS411, DS411j, DS411slim, DS211+, DS211, DS211j, DS111
• 10-series:DS1010+, RS810(RP)+, DS410, DS410j, DS710+, DS210+, DS210j, DS110+, DS110j
Synology at a Glance
Synology creates network attached storage, IP surveillance solutions, and network equipment that transform the way users manage data, conduct surveillance, and manage network in the cloud era. By taking full advantage of the latest technologies, Synology aims to help users centralise data storage and backup, share files on-the-go, implement professional surveillance solutions, and manage network in reliable and affordable ways. Synology is committed to delivering products with forward-thinking features and the best in class customer services.