Promise Technology to debut new Vess NVR Appliances
Latest evolution of Promise’s award-winning line of NVRs enables security professionals to deploy a reliable, high-performance solutions for projects of any size
Promise Technology, a leading developer of open platform storage solutions for video surveillance, announced new NVR appliances for IP video surveillance that will debut at next week’s Security Show Japan – Vess A2330 and Vess A3340. Vess A2330 is a cost-effective and reliable solution for small sized surveillance projects of up to 40 IP cameras.
Vess A3340 is a 2U 8-bay NVR appliance designed for mid-sized surveillance deployments of up to 80 IP cameras and is also available with a built-in smart Power over Ethernet (PoE) switch which is easily managed via a web browser.
The built-in PoE switch makes camera set up significantly more flexible since without cabling issues there is more choice over camera locations and system management is much easier. The new solutions will be featured during Security Show at Promise’s display (booth SS3322) from March 8 – 11 at the Tokyo Big Sight.
John van den Elzen, General Manager, Surveillance Business Unit, Promise Technology said:
“Security professionals are faced with planning projects with tens or hundreds of high resolution IP cameras with longer retention times than ever before. This places an incredible importance on installing recording appliances that deliver high-bandwidth, low latency performance which also offer easy access to video that needs to be stored for months or even a year or more. The new Vess solutions are custom designed for video surveillance and include unique technologies that allow them to overcome performance bottlenecks and handle a higher number of IP cameras than competing solutions. Plus, as retention times grow, Vess can easily expand to meet the new requirements of event the strictest regulations.”
• Reliable, high-performance server and storage solutions for IP video surveillance
• Can be deployed with any of the leading IP cameras and video management software (VMS), including solutions from Aimetis, Axxonsoft, CamIQ, CSVi, Genetec, Milestone, OnSSI and SeeTec.
• Out of the box solutions that are easy to install and maintain
• Three year warranty that can be extended to five years
• Vess A2330 – 2U 6-bay solution offering excellent value for small sized projects
• Vess A3340 – 2U 8-bay solution offering power and capacity for mid-sized projects
• Vess A3340 PoE – directly connect up to 16 IP cameras to built-in PoE switch (system supports up to 80 IP cameras [recording/playback capability, with regular/PoE switch expansion]
The new Vess NVR appliances include unique SmartBoost Technologies which are designed to offer superior performance in video surveillance environments. These technologies include Remote Active Service which takes all worries away by proactively detecting when PSU, controllers or HDDs are going into critical condition and automatically notifying Promise support so the customer can be contacted, spare parts can be sent out or the unit can be powered up after an outage.
The Vess A2330 will be available in April, Vess A3340 will be available in May and the Vess A3340 PoE will be available in July through the global network of Promise distributors and value added resellers.
For more information on Promise’s award winning solutions for video surveillance, please click here. You can also follow Promise Technology on its Video Surveillance LinkedIn Showcase Page for all the latest updates and news.