Octavian Continental Limited holds SIA Approved Contractor Scheme (ACS) status for the provision of Security Guarding, Keyholding and Public Space Surveillance (CCTV). Octavian works alongside blue chip and public sector organisations to reduce loss, manage risk, provide manpower resource and generally protect their operations and interests.
In 2006 Octavian implemented Logosoft’s Roster Manager and Vetting Manager products (plus associated modules), Patrol Manager was added in 2010 to make use of NFC ‘touch’ technology – which delivered location based tasks and information.
Earl Knight, Commercial Director, explained “The main benefit of Patrol Manager is that it is all in ‘real-time’, there is no need to visit sites and download patrol data – that information is old news whereas with the information from Patrol Manager we can monitor what the guards are doing at all times and react immediately to any problems.”
“Every morning we email Patrol Manager reports to our clients giving them comfort in the knowledge that patrols have been carried out at the times and places they requested.”
Logostoft Patrol Manager communicates in real-time with the Logosoft database, publishing key operational information to the Client Portal and is now available as an Android smartphone application – features include book on/off, control room monitoring, incident reporting and duress alerts.
Earlier this year Octavian upgraded to this latest version and now has it installed on 50 HTC Desire smartphones, continuing their strategic goal of using advanced technology wherever possible to improve efficiency and enhance service delivery.
Patrol Manager benefits:
- Replaces traditional ‘thick stick’ guard tour and mobile communications technologies
- Guaranteed proof of presence through the use of tamper-proof tags with 100% accurate information for payroll and billing purposes
- Complete real-time integration with back office systems through Logosoft Operations Manager control room software
- Location related instructions, information and check lists are presented automatically as tags are read, multiple actions can be associated to tags
- Offers complete piece of mind to customers requiring proof of presence of service and details of incidents (including photographs) captured in real-time
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest news by email.