Self paced online training course with interactive audiovisual content including animations and simulations. Pre test, Post-test and Certification program.
Level: Basic to Intermediate Level
For Whom: Everyone in the Security Industry including Dealers, Installers, System Integrators, Distributors, Manufacturers, and End Users. Suitable for Technical and Non-Technical people.
For a single user license for 30 days.
Purchase Multiple Courses and Save!
While ordering, if you choose multiple courses, you will get the following discounts.
Here is what you will learn.
- You will be introduced to the history, how an Access Control System works and its key applications.
- You will learn about the Principle, Types and Features of the different components like Credentials, Input devices, Controllers and Output Devices that make up an Access Control System.
- You will get an overview of the different parameters and options which need Programming and also understand the System Design configurations.
- You will understand the Installation issues and the Maintenance methods of an Access Control System.
Course Approved by
BISCI: Event ID OV‐STAM‐NJ‐0512‐2, CEC: 5
NBFAA : CEU Number: SM-0010, CEU Credits: 0.6
ALOA: PRP Recertification – 1 points
NSCA: 4.5 Learning Units
New Jersey State CEU: 6 hours TECES-13(65)C003
Approved by Texas Department of Public Safety – Y00182
Approved by Tennessee Alarm Systems Contractor Board
- How it works, history and applications
- Types of credentials like Cards, Tags and Biometrics
- Features, considerations and applications
- Introduction to input devices
- Coded Keypads
- Card Based input devices like magnetic, Wiegand, smart cards etc.
- Input devices for Non Contact credentials
- Biometrics systems like finger, iris, voice, hand etc.
- Different input sensors like alarms, audio, switches etc.
- Principle, Features and uses for each device
- Single Door controllers
- Multi Door controllers
- Power Supply for controllers
- Wiring Techniques
- Introduction to output devices
- Relays and locks
- Warning Lamps
- Barriers and gates
- Types, Features and uses for each device
- Access Definition
- System Management
- Badge Design
- Holiday Schedules
- Alarm Monitoring
- Conducting a Survey
- System Design and Security Levels
- Mains Failure
- System Configuration
- Integration and Upgradation
- Different types of Cables and conduits
- Perimeter Protection
- Integration with CCTV
- Client Documentation
- Safety & Response Organizations
- Preventive and Corrective Maintenance
A: No. The total work you need to put in is 4 hours and this can be completed in 30 days in batches that suit your needs. You get a license for 30 days.
Q. Do I have unlimited access to the Online Training course for the duration of the license period?
A: Yes. During this time you can log in and log out as many times you wish.
Q. Can I buy one license and share it with my colleagues?
A: No, sharing of the user license with anyone else is prohibited. Each user must have a separate license.
Q. Do I need to buy software to run your online training course in my computer?
A: No, you just need to have a minimum speed of 56 Kbps Internet connection
Q. What are the system requirements to run your course?
A: Minimum screen resolution 1024 ,PC with speakers or headphone and minimum 56 Kbps Internet connection
Q. Can I do the course from my office and home computer?
A: Yes, in fact you can use it from any computer; just use your ID + Password to log in.
Q. Do I get a certificate?
A: Yes, you get the certificate of completion if you meet the requirements mentioned in this page.
Q. Does this course come with course notes?
A: Yes. After you complete the purchase, you will be provided with a link to download the course notes that you can keep as reference.